Saturday 24 September 2011

I got a job interview!

Yesterday I got a phonecall for a job interview to work at WH.Smiths. I've been looking for a job for a long time now so this is very important to me. I'm so excited but extremley nervous! Is there any advice that people could offer to make sure I give them a good impression? Also, I think that working here will be a great opportunity for my writing too. I'll be surrounded by inspiring books all day if I get the job, I'll get to talk to people in the book-selling industry and a job is something that I think will really motivate me in any way. The money will also be a bonus as I'll finally be able to buy notepads, books and other tools on writing. I'm just hoping that if I do get the job it won't affect my writing in a negative way where I find I have no time or energy to write. Of course I'm not going to think about all that just yet, I haven't even had the interview yet let alone got the job! Fingers crossed and wish me luck all the same!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, hope you get the job and being surrounded by books is a good thing. I have seen that the less time we get to write, we tend to write more as though making up for the lack of time. And if we get lots of time, we waste it in distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I did get the job! and so far I have been completely exhausted. I started straight away so haven't really been able to get into a routine yet. Unfortunately I'm on the stationary floor so I'm not yet surrounded by books although the manager said once I've learned my way around he's going to see what he can do. Altough what you said I completely agree with. I think being up early and sitting on buses for hours with only my thoughts to listen to also helps. Now I've actually been up and doing stuff my brain feels like it's working more so I have been writing in whatever time I can fit.

    ReplyDelete